Sunday, January 20, 2008

Introducing: the worst car available on the market today

So I've seen this commercial a lot lately, and each time I see it, I commit myself more and more to the notion that I don't think I could imagine a less attractive car. The features, the looks, even the entire commercial is just so utterly devoid of any style or class that it makes my brain gag, as if I was looking at something that was supposed to be food but it wasn't.

First off, who wants Microsoft to play any part of their car's inner-workings. That is pretty much a guarantee that you will have to take your p.o.s. Milan to get major service within 18 months (most-likely as soon as the warranty expires). Notice the song she has playing, there was probably some trombone playing ska used to be in the planning meeting who insisted to the equally clueless other marketing execs that the song would be "hip."

Second, who wants anything voice control? Do you? If so, you must really have an altered sense of dignity than me and my likes. I personally can't even bring myself to talk to the phone when you call a service number and you get that patronizingly friendly computer voice that says "what do you need help for today?" I'll just sit there and wait for an operator. Stubborn, yes, but the second I start to reply to those kind of dehumanizing scenarios, I feel I will become less human.

Third, this is truly one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. Just every part about it is as bad, if not worse than Pontiac (yes, pontiac designs suck a.s.s.) I look at it and it looks like something a 70 year old should drive. In fact, this car seems to me to be the Passat for morons with no style. It offers these weird frilly perks that to Passat owners like me come across as enormous red flags.

So, no, I won't be buying a Mercury Milan anytime soon. Nor should you.

No comments: