Monday, November 12, 2007

Addendum to the Burial review

I'll admit that the review of Burial's Untrue was rather hastily composed after a brief listen.  After downloading the album off emusic this weekend and having the chance to listen a couple times all the way through, I think I would assign more importance to this album than in the initial review.  This is a hauntingly beautiful album, with masterfully woven themes that appear throughout the work on a whole.  I'm not terribly versed in step music (dub, 2step, jungle etc) but that is mainly because there is rarely anything I consider really meaningful or important that I've come across.  In this way Untrue really seems to me to be an important album.  

In fact, I am likely going to go download his debut also. 

On a side note, we're going to start compiling album reviews on emusic.  To see them, go visit our emusic profile

No comments: