Monday, April 21, 2008

Brief review: Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours

I just got the chance to download Cut Copy's latest album - In Ghost Colours, and I've been listening to it at least once a day for the last several days. This is one of the best complete albums that I've heard in a long time. Its not the most groundbreaking or even the most exciting album that I've heard lately, but it is just so solid - even more impressive given the fact that Cut Copy is treading so close to so many acts/genres and yet manage to completely own their sound. It is this poised confidence that in a way allows me to just relax and enjoy the music, which is masterfully interwoven with pretty much every element of good electronic music lately. Hats off to Cut Copy - I am planning on making a rare public appearance at their Urban Lounge show in SLC on May 2nd.






No comments: